Go to -> Current COVID Planning
Our planning incorporates every possible scenario from the current COVID climate, to a summer per-usual. Several Maine Camps successfully ran this past summer (2020). With their incredible success, and lessons learned, our confidence in providing a safe program for summer 2021 revolves around a two-prong approach:
- Planning – We have always been detailed planners. In the past, planning was done within a construct of known variables and certain outcomes. Realizing what is true today, may prove otherwise tomorrow, our planning will be rigorous, while taking in every possible scenario. Staffing will be enhanced to allow for immediate, in-the-moment, professional, medical, and epidemiological advice. Partnering (buy-in), with YOU, regarding, protocols and safety before camp will be crucial to a successful summer. The only rigidity in our planning, will be the health and welfare for your child and the Fernwood Cove community.
- Adaptability – We can control only certain aspects of camp. In the moment, we will pivot, and adapt, to what we cannot control.
- Fernwood Cove WILL be in session for 2021!
- Dr. Laura Blaisdell, quoted in the article above, is our retained medical professional for Summer 2021. Dr. Blaisdell will be instrumental in helping plan for a successful summer, and future summers at Fernwood Cove. View Dr. Blaisdell’s bio here.
- Dates and Rates for summer 2021 can be found here: Dates & Rates
- Visiting Day & Departure Day are now the same day. Remember to book your accommodation if you are planning on visiting or staying overnight prior to picking up!
- Most families have rolled their enrollments to summer 2021 – leaving extremely limited space. If you have not secured your daughter’s spot for next summer, log in to your parent account immediately and fill out her enrollment form. Please encourage any new families considering Fernwood Cove to contact us as soon as possible.
- We are counting on you and your daughter(s) attendance for Summer 2021. The Withdrawal Deadline for returning families to receive a full refund of all monies paid to date is December 1, 2020. New families will receive a refund of all monies paid minus a $500 admin fee until December 1, 2020.