History & Tradition

History & Tradition

white-dresses

Fernwood Cove was established in 1998 on the former site of Camp Chickawah, a boys’ camp established in 1920 which operated successfully into the mid 1980’s. The owners of Fernwood Cove quickly began developing what would become Maine’s first half-season traditional girls’ camp. Since its first summer in 1999 Fernwood Cove has embraced its founding principles of simple living in the out of doors and the warmth of community. Fernwood Cove will continue with these values and philosophy for generations to come.