Fernwood Cove recognizes how important protecting your personal information is to our clients and our camp families, and we make every effort to protect your privacy. The following information is provided to make you aware of how we protect your privacy and use the information you provide.
- If you request information from us or give us your postal address, telephone number or e-mail address through an on-line form you may receive mail, telephone or e-mail correspondence from us. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, phone calls or e-mails, please contact us.
- Fernwood Cove does not solicit any information from children on this site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. Any communication we get that is identified as being from a child under 13 will be immediately removed from our database.
- Fernwood Cove only collects information which is required for the business and this information is kept on a network where only authorized personnel can access it.
- All information gathered from our camp families is used exclusively for camp, and no third-party vendors. Fernwood Cove does not sell or rent user information to anyone.
- Fernwood Cove does track the way in which our website is used by our visitors by collecting information about the pages visited and the type of browsers being used. This information is only used by Fernwood Cove for marketing and website development purposes.
Any personally identifying information you provide is voluntary. We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s on-line activities.
If you browse our website to browse, read, or download information:
- We automatically collect and store: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site.
- We use this information only as anonymous aggregate data to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more useful. We do not use it to track or record information about individuals. Generally, we delete this information after one year.
- We do not use persistent “cookies” or tracking mechanisms that collect personally identifying information on our site.
- Fernwood Cove reserves the right to take photographs (film and digital) of campers and staff during their stay at Fernwood Cove.
- Fernwood Cove retains the right to use any pictures of campers to promote Fernwood Cove, unless permission has not been granted by the guardian(s) of the camper(s).
- Fernwood Cove will make its best effort to honor any request from a parent to remove a photo of a camper/campers from its website.